Students at the centre of learning
We believe that our students are at the centre of our work as a Catholic school. Our learner-centred classrooms require students and teachers to be proactive learners responsible for their actions and self-determined in their thinking.
In a learner-centred classroom, we value:
- Self Awareness
- Personal and Collective Leadership
- Respectful relationships
All students Kindergarten to Year 6 can strive to be leaders. To be a leader requires you to be a lead learner first.
Representative School Leadership Roles for students include: School, Vice, and House Captains; and Student Representative Council Leaders. These leaders must have a clear understanding of their role and the responsibilities associated with the role.
The School leadership program exists to encourage commitment, service and leadership by example. It is an expectation that Leaders display some of the following attributes:
- Demonstrates empathy for others and a strong moral conscience
- Enjoys school service and shows initiative
- Relates well to others
- Is responsible, organised and reliable
Student Leadership Code
The Student Leaders’ Code outlines the responsibilities pertaining to all roles. The responsibilities are:
- To respect the school’s rules
- To be a positive role model for all students
- To show respect to all members of the school community
- To wear the school uniform appropriately and proudly
- To assist students, staff and parents through the diligent and courteous performance of duties associated with the role
- To initiate ideas and action deeds to grow and enrich the school community